- Duration: 14 nights / 15 days.
- Accommodation: Tents.
- Activity Type: Walking, Trekking.
- Difficulty Level: Strenuous.
- Highest point: 4900 meters.
- Group size: Minimum 2 pax
- Best Months for the Trek: March – May, September – 2nd Week of December.
- Spectacular view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7314m).
- Excursion to the famous Tiger’s Nest – Taktsang Monastery.
- Visit to Drugyal Dzong (The Ruined Victory Fortress).
- You can see the Blue sheep and come across the Yak herders’ camp.
- Visit Kichu Monastery (built in 7th century) and the National Memorial Chorten.
- Visit the tallest Statue of Buddha in Bhutan.
- A panoramic view of the Higher Himalayas from the Dochu La Pass (3140m).
- Visit Punakha Dzong (built in 1637) and Chimi Lhakhang – “The Temple of Fertility”.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN PARO
DAY 2: SIGHTSEEING IN PARO
- Ta Dzong
- Rinpung Dzong
- Drukgyal Dzong
- Kichu Lhakhang
DAY 3: PARO
- Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest
- Tachog Lhakhang
- Bhutanese Farm House
DAY 4: PARO – SHANA (START OF TREK):
- Altitude: 2850m;
- Distance:17 km;
- Time: 5 – 6 hours;
- Ascent: 360 meters, descent 80 meters.
DAY 5: SHANA – THANGTHANGKA
- Altitude: 3610m;
- Distance: 22 km;
- Time: 7 – 8 hours;
- Ascent: 770 meters ascent, descent 10 meters.
DAY 6: THANGTHANGKA – JANGOTHANG
- Mt. Jhomolhari base camp (4115 m).
- Altitude: 4080m;
- Distance: 19 km;
- Time: 5 – 6 hours;
- Ascent 480 meters.
DAY 07. JANGOTHANG:
- Rest day at Jangothang, enjoy the superb view all around.
- Three options for day hikes in Jangothang:
- Hike to Jumolhari Glacier which is around 4 ½ hours (back and forth)
- Hike to Jichu Drake Glacier which is around 3 hours (back and forth).
- Walk up the mountain between Jumolhari and Jichu Drake, the summit is at 5200 meters with a great view of both the mountains. This is 8 hours (back and forth).
DAY 8: JANGOTHANG – DHUMZO (SOI YAKTSA)
- Highest Point: 4900m;
- Duration: 7 – 8 hours walk;
- Distance: 16 km;
- Level of Difficulty – moderately hard.
Dhumzo camp site.
- Tsho Phu lakes
- Bontela Pass (4900m)
- Soi Yaktsa valley
DAY 9: DHUMZO (SOI YAKTSA) – THOMBUSHONG
- Highest point: 4550m;
- Duration: 5-6 hours walk;
- Distance 14 km;
- Level of difficulty: Moderate.
DAY 10: THOMBUSHONG TO ZANKEPANG
- Highest Point: 4300 meters;
- Duration: 7-8 hours walk;
- Distance: 18 km
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate.
DAY 11: ZANKEPANG TO DRUGYEL DZONG
DAY 12: THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
- National Library
- Painting School
- Simtokha Dzong
- Memorial Chorten
- Handicrafts Emporium
DAY 13: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA – WANGDUE
- Dochula Pass
- Chimi Lhakhang
- Wangduephodrang Dzong
DAY 14: WANGDUEPHODRANG – THIMPHU
- Drive to Thimphu
DAY 15: DEPARTURE
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner]
- Accommodation [Twin Sharing] Single Room Supplement Extra US $: 40 per room per night.
- All transportation within the country including airport transfers.
- Royalty & Govt. Taxes
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments only
- Visa Fee
- Airport tax
- Contribution to Tourism Development Fund
- Druk Air fare
- Insurance Premiums
- Payments for service provided on a personal basis
- Cost for any services not mentioned in the “Cost Include Head”
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft drinks, camera charges, bottled water, incidentals, portage, bellboy charges, tips or any other services
Things to bring:
Personal clothing: strong normal clothing (according to season). Preferably cotton, even for summer, woolen clothing for the evening and winter.
For Trekking, one must bring:
- Strong comfortable trekking boots – water-resistant for the rainy period of June-August
- Flash light
- Rain coat (especially for rainy period – June-August)
- Head gear/hat/cap for sun and rain protection
- Water pills – for extra caution in purifying stream; (boiled water is provided at all times during the trek)
- Aspirin – incase of altitude sickness
- Lots of socks
- Warm clothes
- Folding umbrella (only for wet months — July and August)
- One towel
- Pillow case
- Wet-packed tissue paper
Please fill up the following form to customize your trip further to suit your preferences: