- Duration: 10 nights / 11 days.
- Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts and Tents.
- Activity Type: Walking, Trekking & Tour.
- Difficulty Level: Miderate.
- Group size: Minimum 2 pax
- Best Months for the Trek: January – May, September –December.
- Excursion to the famous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest)
- Visit the tallest Statue of Buddha in Bhutan
- Visit Drugyal Dzong (Ruined Victory Fortress; built in1644), Memorial Chorten, Punakha Dzong (built in 1637), Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of Fertility), and Kichu Monastery (built in the 7th century)
- A panoramic view of the higher Himalayas at Dochula Pass (3140m)
- A farm house visit
- Visit to Phobjikha/Gangtey Valley
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN PARO
- Drukgyal Dzong
- Kichu Lhakhang
DAY 2: PARO:
- Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery.
- Ta Dzong, the National Museum.
DAY 3: SIGHTSEEING IN THIMPHU:
- National Memorial Chorten
- Zilukha Nunnery
- National Librar
- Painting School
- Handicrafts Emporium
DAY 4: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (72 KMS, 3 HOURS DRIVE):
- Dochula Pass
- Punakha Dzong
- Chime Lhakhang,
DAY 5: PUNAKHA – GANGTEY:
- Wangduephodrang Dzong.
- Phobjikha Valley famous for the rare Black – necked Cranes.
DAY 6: START OF TREK: PHOBJIKHA – SUIBIKHA
- Starting Point – Tshikopang (2900m)
- Lunch spot – Yaklam
- Camp – Suibikha (3860m)
- Time taken – 5-6 hrs
- Difficulty – moderate, gradual ascend
- Attractions – beautiful landscape, flora and fauna sightings (rhododendrons, pheasants, etc.)
DAY 7: SUIBIKHA – GOGONA
- Starting point – Suibikha pass (3860m)
- Lunch spot – Pangeymo
- Camp – Gogona (2950m)
- Time taken – 4-5 hrs
- Difficulty – moderate, gradual descend
- Attractions – beautiful landscape, flora and fauna sightings, visit to Gogona cheese factory, possibility for a traditional hot stone bath since the village has a source for Menchu (medicinal water)
DAY 8: GOGONA – KHOTOKHA
- Starting point – Gogona Village
- Camp – Khotokha (2600m)
- Time taken – 5 hrs
- Difficulty – moderate/ easy
- Attractions – Scenic beauty (view of Mt. Jumolhari can be sighted from Shoblaa pass, for example), Khotokha Valley, Black-necked Cranes can be seen during season, potential day hike destinations (valley surrounded by many monasteries and temples)
DAY 9: KHOTOKHA – RUBISA (WANGDUE)
- Starting point – Khotokha
- Camp – Rubisa/ Wangduephodrang
- Time taken – 5-6 hrs
- Difficulty – moderate
- Attractions – beautiful valley of Wangdue and parts of Punakha can be sighted from almost all parts of the trail, with magnificent view of Mt. Jumolhari, Mt. Gangkar Puensum and other snow capped mountain ranges
DAY 10: WANGDUEPHODRANG – THIMPHU:
- Cheri Monastery
DAY 11: DEPARTURE:
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner]
- Accommodation [Twin Sharing] Single Room Supplement Extra US $: 40 per room per night.
- All transportation within the country including airport transfers.
- Royalty & Govt. Taxes
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments only
- Visa Fee
- Airport tax
- Contribution to Tourism Development Fund
- Druk Air fare
- Insurance Premiums
- Payments for service provided on a personal basis
- Cost for any services not mentioned in the “Cost Include Head”
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft drinks, camera charges, bottled water, incidentals, portage, bellboy charges, tips or any other services
Things to bring:
Personal clothing: strong normal clothing (according to season). Preferably cotton, even for summer, woolen clothing for the evening and winter.
For Trekking, one must bring:
- Strong comfortable trekking boots – water-resistant for the rainy period of June-August
- Flash light
- Rain coat (especially for rainy period – June-August)
- Head gear/hat/cap for sun and rain protection
- Water pills – for extra caution in purifying stream; (boiled water is provided at all times during the trek)
- Aspirin – incase of altitude sickness
- Lots of socks
- Warm clothes
- Folding umbrella (only for wet months — July and August)
- One towel
- Pillow case
- Wet-packed tissue paper
Please fill up the following form to customize your trip further to suit your preferences: