- Duration: 13 nights / 14 days.
- Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts and Tents.
- Activity Type: Walking, Trekking & Tour.
- Difficulty Level: Strenuous.
- Highest altitude: 3360 m
- Group size: Minimum 2 pax
- Best Months for the Trek: March – May, September – 2nd Week of December.
- Visit to the tallest statue of Buddha in Bhutan, Memorial Chorten, and Punakha Dzong
- A panoramic view of the higher Himalayas from the Dochu La Pass (3140m)
- An external view of Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of Fertility) and Wangduephodrang Dzong
- A farm house visit
- Excursion to the famous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest)
- Visit to Drugyal Dzong, Kichu Monastery, Jambay Lhakhang , Kurjey Lhakhang, Trongsa Dzong, Tamshing Lhakhang Jakar Dzong, and the Membartsho Lake
- Visit to Phobjikha/Gangtey Valley, the roosting ground for the rare Black-necked Crane
- Excursion to beautiful Ura valley and Ura Temple (3100m)
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN PARO
- Drukgyal Dzong
- Kichu Lhakhang
DAY 2: PARO:
- Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery.
- Ta Dzong, the National Museum.
DAY 3: PARO TAKTSHANG
DAY 4: PARO – THIMPHU
- National Memorial Chorten
- Zilukha Nunnery
- National Librar
- Painting School
- Handicrafts Emporium
DAY 5: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (72 KMS, 3 HOURS DRIVE):
- Dochula Pass
- Punakha Dzong
- Chime Lhakhang,
DAY 6: PUNAKHA – TRONGSA – BUMTHANG:
- Wangduephodrang Dzong.
- Pelela Pass
- Chendebji Chorden
- Phobjikha Valley famous for the rare Black – necked Cranes.
DAY 7: SIGHTSEEING IN BUMTHANG
- Jakar Dzong
- Jambay Lhakhang
- Kurjey Lhakhang
- Tamshing Lhakhang
- Membar Tsho, literally “The Burning Lake
- Swiss cheese factory
DAY 8: JAKAR – NAGANG LAKHANG:
DAY 09: NGANG LHAKANG – UGYENCHHOLING:
- Phephe La Pass (3340 meters).
- Tang Valley
- Walking time around 7-8 hours.
DAY 10. UGYENCHHOLING – JAKAR:
- Ugyenchholing Dzong
- Tangchhu River
- Membertsho Lake
DAY 11. BUMTHANG (EXCURSION TO URA VALLEY):
- Ura valley
DAY 12: BUMTHANG – PHOBJIKHA VALLEY:
- Gangtey Gompa Monastery
- Explore Phobjikha valley
DAY 13: GANGTEY – THIMPHU:
- Buddha Point
- Takin Reserve
DAY 14: THIMPHU – PARO: Departure
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner]
- Accommodation [Twin Sharing] Single Room Supplement Extra US $: 40 per room per night.
- All transportation within the country including airport transfers.
- Royalty & Govt. Taxes
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments only
- Visa Fee
- Airport tax
- Contribution to Tourism Development Fund
- Druk Air fare
- Insurance Premiums
- Payments for service provided on a personal basis
- Cost for any services not mentioned in the “Cost Include Head”
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft drinks, camera charges, bottled water, incidentals, portage, bellboy charges, tips or any other services
Things to bring:
Personal clothing: strong normal clothing (according to season). Preferably cotton, even for summer, woolen clothing for the evening and winter.
For Trekking, one must bring:
- Strong comfortable trekking boots – water-resistant for the rainy period of June-August
- Flash light
- Rain coat (especially for rainy period – June-August)
- Head gear/hat/cap for sun and rain protection
- Water pills – for extra caution in purifying stream; (boiled water is provided at all times during the trek)
- Aspirin – incase of altitude sickness
- Lots of socks
- Warm clothes
- Folding umbrella (only for wet months — July and August)
- One towel
- Pillow case
- Wet-packed tissue paper
Please fill up the following form to customize your trip further to suit your preferences: